lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2-8-1 bug: print vs partial

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2-8-1 bug: print vs partial
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 14:49:41 +0300 (MSK)

3-Dec-98 03:38 Klaus Weide wrote:

>    Linkname: Index of /pub/lynx/release2-8-1/patches/

> The relevant change is described as

>    * Fix core dump which may happen after printing-to-email. - LP

> (Aside: what is the status of that directory? Is somebody keeping
> it updated?)

This directory updated by TD, usually after some pressure from my side:
my idea was to supply small fixes to prevent users from being forced to use
to devXXX versions without special reason. The fixes may be
released as 2.8.1rel3 or release devXXX as 2.8.2 in a reasonably short period -
currently we have only bugfixes and gettext() support.

> These fixes seem to be integrated into the development code.
> You could have found the description by looking in the development
> source CHANGES file.

> The fixe in that patch (and in the devel code) should prevent the
> memory corruption, but it introduces a memory leak.  Here is
> a better fix:

Memory leaks introduced in 2.8.1 - mostly mine.