lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev enhancement to accept all cookies proposed

From: brian j. pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev enhancement to accept all cookies proposed
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 03:02:26 -0700

Larry W. Virden wrote:
> I would like to propose an enhancement to the above feature.
> I would add the code myself, but so far, I've been spectacularly unsucessful
> in locating the appropriate file.
>
> I would like to propose that if the user has set accept all cookies, that
> the alerts of "Accept invalid cookie domain" be skipped and the invalid
> domains accepted.  The user has already indicated they want _all cookies_ -
> that means the invalid domains as well.  Now, perhaps a new flag of
> yes_really_I_mean_it_accept_all_cookies=I_am_REALLY_sure is necessary,
> that's fine.  But something along that line would be nice.

It looks like that alert is printed at line 360 of LYCookie.c, from a
quick look, it could probably be done by bracketing the sprintf() and
if(!HTConfirm(msg)) bits with an `if(!LYAcceptAllCookies)'...but it's 3AM
and I don't trust myself right now so you shouldn't either.

I haven't come across this alert (I visit very few sites that use cookies)
so I'll leave it to someone else to decide if this is a good idea or not.

--
Dungeons and Dragons is just a lot of Saxon Violence.
Are we running light with overbyte?