lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev keymap patches

From: John E. Davis
Subject: Re: lynx-dev keymap patches
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 15:39:10 -0400

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998 14:57:24 -0400, Jacob Poon <address@hidden> said:
>Slang specific again? :( This adds even more confusion between the KEYMAP
>directive in lynx.cfg and the .lynx-keymaps file, as both files are need
>to be configured for a universal Lynx sources distribution.

Several weeks ago, Thomas requested that I write new keymap code and
then he would hack curses support into it.  The KEYMAP directive is
not useful for adding new escape sequence.  It only concerns the
relation between the keysyms or ``keystrokes'' to the abstract actions
such as REFRESH.  The code I wrote concerns the raw escape sequences
to keysym mapping.  That is, pictorially:

   terminal ---> keysyms ---> abstract actions

The KEYMAP directive allows customization of `keysyms-->actions' but
does not help if one has a key sequence that does not map to a keysym.
My code allows customization of `terminal-->keysyms'.

--John