lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev tracelog doesn't work in 2.8

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev tracelog doesn't work in 2.8
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 04:44:28 -0700 (PDT)

> From address@hidden Wed Apr 15 20:59:01 1998
> Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 12:39:19 +0900 (JST)
> From: Nelson Henry Eric <address@hidden>
> <snip>
> The paths to binaries, e.g., unzip, are NOT correctly defined by the
> configure script if they happen to be in non-standard places.  I would
> have appreciated a note on how to set non-standard paths to the binaries
> Lynx uses, rather than tell me userdefs.h no longer supports defining on
> Unix.  Remember users may have binaries renamed, newer versions than what
> is in /usr/bin, even more than one version within their own account ~, etc.

I have not seen the lynx configure thing, but most of the
programs from gnu, in their configures, have something
called PREFIX defined up at the top, plus two or three
others, which you define to NON-standard paths.

You can also give them on the command line to configure,
or even to make, I believe.