lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV "Cannot open.." in Win95

From: Al Gilman
Subject: LYNX-DEV "Cannot open.." in Win95
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 20:48:50 -0500 (EST)

OK, I know this is a FAQ.

But I am of to conquer CSUN with my brand new laptop _and I have
Lynx on it and it works!_  I may brief from it in my subcommittee
meeting or I may just talk.

But I have two residual questions.

Lynx is not able to write temp files (means the information page
or equal sign command fails).  I was able to navigate remote pages
on servers, but not to download.  Similar error about "can't open..."

The other one is how do I start TCP/IP without launching IE?

I have the vanilla Win95 networking software.

Al Gilman