lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV am i too late?

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV am i too late?
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 21:17:38 -0500 (EST)

> I've been only skimming the lynx-dev mail for
> the past couple months and haven't kept up on all the threads.
>
> Now it looks as if you're about to release 2.8.
> I had one last request before 2.8 goes out.
> (This is actually the 3rd time I've requested this, but
> no one has picked it up.)
it's really a little late (but if you can get a consensus & it doesn't touch
a .c or .h, I'll relent).

> I wonder if the default colors for the -color option could be set to
> something more usable.  This would only change lynx.cfg and LYCurses.c.
> (Acutally you really only need to change lynx.cfg...)
> Both Henry and I have posted suitable color choices
> that would work on most terminals and would
> be useful for visually impaired users.
> (I cna't remember the date of this exchange...)
I remember more than one, but never saw a conclusion.

> Anyway, thought I'd make one last request...
> Again the rationale: the default colors for the -color option don't work
> right
> and are hard for visually impaired users to see.
> Since color choices can only be set in lynx.cfg which hte average user
> will probably never see, i think it's importeant to set the
> default to something usable.
then add a lynx.cfg to the samples directory - I think that's what we
intended to do.  (If we modify the default lynx.cfg, then we'll start
discussing it & won't proceed, but a sample doesn't displace anything).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden