lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV am i too late?

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: LYNX-DEV am i too late?
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 19:25:40 -0500 (EST)

I've been only skimming the lynx-dev mail for
the past couple months and haven't kept up on all the threads.

Now it looks as if you're about to release 2.8.
I had one last request before 2.8 goes out.
(This is actually the 3rd time I've requested this, but
no one has picked it up.)

I wonder if the default colors for the -color option could be set to
something more usable.  This would only change lynx.cfg and LYCurses.c.
(Acutally you really only need to change lynx.cfg...)
Both Henry and I have posted suitable color choices
that would work on most terminals and would
be useful for visually impaired users.
(I cna't remember the date of this exchange...)

Anyway, thought I'd make one last request...
Again the rationale: the default colors for the -color option don't work right
and are hard for visually impaired users to see.
Since color choices can only be set in lynx.cfg which hte average user
will probably never see, i think it's importeant to set the
default to something usable.

Thanks in advance!
--le