lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Lynx Installation

From: Mr. Gijoy Zachariah Vypana
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx Installation
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 17:25:48 +0500 (IST)

If this is not the right place for an enquiry about the problem enquired
by me while installing Lynx on HPUX 10.10 machine, Please forward this
mail to the right place it is to be done.

I wanted to use the latest version of Lynx.
I tried to retrieve it from <http://www.wfbr.edu/dir/lynx> which
I couldn't get.

I am trying to install Lynx version 2.6 on HPUX 10.10

I used "make snake3" and it gave and error in libwww.a.
Please give a guidance in the installation.

The message and the error I got while on process, I am enclosing herewith.

The message during compilation
===============================

        cd WWW/Library/snake; make CC="cc" LYFLAGS="-DDIRED_SUPPORT -DLONG_LIST
"
`../../Library/snake/libwww.a' is up to date.
        cd /home/gijoy/lynx2-6/src; make all CC="cc" MCFLAGS="-O -Ae
-DFANCY_CURSES -DUNIX \
                -DSNAKE -I../WWW/Library/Implementation -DDIRED_SUPPORT
-DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP -DOK_GZIP -DOK_UUDECODE -DOK_OVERRIDE -DOK_PERMIT " \
                LIBS="-lc -lHcurses -ltermcap \
                  " \
                WWWLIB="../WWW/Library/snake/libwww.a"
Compiling Lynx sources
Linking and creating Lynx executable
        cc -O -Ae -DFANCY_CURSES -DUNIX         -DSNAKE
-I../WWW/Library/Implementation -DDIRED_SUPPORT  -DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP -DOK_GZIP
-DOK_UUDECODE -DOK_OVERRIDE -DOK_PERMIT  -I..  -o lynx  LYClean.o LYShowInfo.o
LYEdit.o LYStrings.o  LYMail.o HTAlert.o GridText.o LYGet

File.o  LYMain.o LYMainLoop.o LYCurses.o LYBookmark.o LYUtils.o  LYOptions.o
LYReadCFG.o LYSearch.o LYHistory.o  LYForms.o LYPrint.o LYrcFile.o LYDownload.o
LYNews.o LYKeymap.o  HTML.o HTFWriter.o HTInit.o DefaultStyle.o LYLocal.o
LYUpload.o  LYLeaks.o LY

exit.o LYJump.o LYList.o LYCgi.o LYTraversal.o  LYEditmap.o LYCharSets.o
LYCharUtils.o LYMap.o ../WWW/Library/snake/libwww.a  -lc -lHcurses -ltermcap

*** Error exit code 1
*** Error exit code 1

This is the Error being listed
===============================

(Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -O option is available only with the C/ANSI C
product; ignored.
(Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -A option is available only with the C/ANSI C
product; ignored.
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: ../WWW/Library/snake/libwww.a: Not a valid library (invalid
magic number)

Stop.