lynx-dev

Side scrolling [was Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Setting up a fund ...]

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Side scrolling [was Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Setting up a fund ...]
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 10:59:25 +0900 (JST)

> I think it might be simpler than that, as curses probably already
> does most of the work; however I'm not an expert on curses or how
> Lynx uses it.
>
> The problem though with side scrolling is that it is an expensive operation
> in terms of line time for freenets and the like (I'm not sure if curses can

Sorry to keep making references to "most", but it does side scrolling
and seems to be so "light".  It's slang-based, which I assume means it
could be done with curses easily enough.  Being a dreamer and not a
programmer, it almost seems that (a) side scrolling function(s) could,
even by option, be compiled in, and have Lynx feed its parsed output
to that/those function(s).  (Analogous to the zlib support that Klaus
worked in.)

__Henry