lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Report This Error

From: tstone
Subject: LYNX-DEV Report This Error
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 18:35:41 -0700

Hi.  I'm trying to install lynx 2.7.2 on linux 2.0.12, with make linux
At first I unzipped it and installed, which didn't work.  I then changed
variables in userdefs.h and tried again, getting about the same error, which
it told me to report:

gcc -O -DUNIX -DLINUX  -DNO_KEYPAD -DNO_TTYTYPE  -I../WWW/Library/Implementation
 -DDIRED_SUPPORT  -DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP -DOK_GZIP -DOK_UUDECODE -DOK_OVERRIDE -DOK_P
ERMIT   -I..    -c HTML.c -o HTML.o
/tmp/cca13184.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/cca13184.s:16528: Internal error!
Assertion failure in cvt_frag_to_fill at /net/ocean/home/work/linux/src/binutils
/gas/write.c line 489.
Please report this bug.
make[1]: *** [HTML.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tstone/lynx2-7-2/src'
make: *** [linux] Error 2

This is, interestingly a different error than the one that kept me from
installing 2.7.1 (scrollok.c didn't work then, but I think it works now).

Thank you,

_-=-=-_-=-=-_ Trevor Stone _-=-=-=-_ tstone @ robin . ml . org _-=-=-_-=-=-_
Eclectic philosopher, New Vista computer admin, gamer, witster, utilitarian.
http://robin.ml.org/~tstone/              Thou errant tickle-brained crutch!
I want a Molarbit hard drive. .70 trillion gigabytes.  Avagadro rules. -- me