lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Bad Html at www.hotbot.com

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Bad Html at www.hotbot.com
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 07:37:53 -0500 (EST)

> Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 09:33:34 -0500
> From: address@hidden (Larry W. Virden, x2487)
> Unfortuantely, there are many popular sites on the WWW which generate
> bad HTML-  dejanews and reference.com are two I seem to recall guilty of this.
> Sounds like hotbot is another.  Nothing that lynx can do about this.

Unfortunately in many sites containing bad html with forms
the forms did not work in lynx2.7.1 and before.
The form bug was fixed by Fote after 2.7.1, so there is no
official release with this fix.
Hopefully the new release will come out soon.
It has many nifty new features in addition to fixing the form bug...
(Actually it wasn't really a bug, just bad error recovery
for bad html,  but u can't always get webmasaters
to fix their html if it works ok in Netscape...)
--le
;
;