lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV anyone remapped keys successfully?

From: Vladimir Alexiev
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV anyone remapped keys successfully?
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 18:43:52 -0600

Ok, disregard my two previous messages with the same subject. I read Larry
Virden's answer to a previous similar request of mine from the arcives (I
suppose I should have looked in the archive *before* I posted!), and sure
enough when I moved the bindings from .lynxrc to the global lynx.cfg, they
worked. Still a few concerns:
- I think the comments in lynx.cfg should mention that KEYMAP doesn't work
  from .lynxrc.
- It'd be useful to allow users to change the keymap. Sure, they could copy
  over the whole lynx.cfg and make the changes there, but why should they have
  to do that?
- Even in lynx.cfg, I can't map ^P and ^N to be what I want:
  This works
    KEYMAP:0x100:UP_LINK
    KEYMAP:0x101:DOWN_LINK
  but this doesn't
    KEYMAP:^P:UP_LINK
    KEYMAP:^N:DOWN_LINK

BTW, what's the difference between LYE_DELC and LYE_DELN in the line editor?
It seems to me that both delete the char to the right of the cursor.
Also, I can't remap ^L and ^W from their default binding (redraw the screen).
;
;