lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Accessing "upgraded" URLs

From: Joseph A. Nigota
Subject: LYNX-DEV Accessing "upgraded" URLs
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 12:51:22 -0500 (CDT)

I have been using Lynx to reach various sites for some time. I am very
grateful for the service.  Recently, two British newspapers have upgraded
their sites so that they can only be reached on Windows via Netscape
Navigator or Microsoft Explorer.  They are the Times (URL:
www.the-times.co.uk) & the London Evening Standard (URL:www.standard.co.uk).
When I tried reaching them via lynx 2-3BETA, I suddenly got a notice that
my current browser was not capable of accessing them.  Our computer
center installed lynx 2-7-1 on the main frame, but when I tried to access
the two sites using it, I still got the "incapable browser" notice after
logging in.
Is there any way to access a Navigator or Explorer site via Lynx?  Thanks
for your help.

Joseph A. Nigota
History Dept.
Univ. of South Alabama