lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV toonogram site

From: Philip Webb
Subject: LYNX-DEV toonogram site
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 06:51:42 -0400 (EDT)

970409  address@hidden  wrote:
> Toonogram
> Read 437 of 9175 bytes of data.1897 of 9175 bytes of data.481627
> A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.7
>
> Please notify your system administrator to confirm a bug, and
> if confirmed, to notify the lynx-dev list.  Bug reports should
> have concise descriptions of the command and/or URL which causes
                                                  ^^^
> the problem, the operating system name with version number, the
> TCPIP implementation, and any other relevant information.
> Lynx now exiting with signal:  11
>
> Toonogram was the site.  When clicked upon, the error happen. A core has
> been generated.  I wrote the system admin to which there was no reply.

sysadmins are usually too busy to reply to anyone, but at least yours has
installed Lynx 2-7.

if you give the URL -- you know,  http://loony.stoopid.site  -- ,
someone may try to access it & see what happens; or even better,
someone may look at the HTML there, which is almost certainly the cause
of the problem.  to do that yourself, enter  \ , which will get you
the source: it's probably full of HTML errors.

;