lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV problem when page has only one input area

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problem when page has only one input area
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 20:28:19 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Benjamin C. W. Sittler wrote:

> Perhaps Lynx 3 should be an SGML system? If not, I'll probably use Lynx
> as the fetching engine for a web browser built around a valid parser,
> but it will take awhile to develop.

All that stuff that you mention would seem to need an SGML parser, which
as Fote has mentioned numerous times that Lynx is not.  If you want to
improve Lynx's SGML parsing, I don't think there would be too much
objection.  I think that Fote has said that better SGML parsing would fix
several of the problems that we've been putting up with.  So, if you want
to do an SGML parser, go for it. :)