lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] HTTP keep alive SSI

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] HTTP keep alive SSI
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 20:54:02 +0200

Am 06.09.2019 um 19:39 schrieb tomek wilkxt:
     You could use a form of HTTP chunked encoding,

You could explain more precisely ?

Not in detail, that would get too long here. Just google for "http
chunked encoding". Basically, you don't send a content length for the
whole response in advance, but you encode the content length in the body
(there are different types of encoding it). Thus the client can know
when the response is finished (without sending FIN).

Ok, but essential question is whether length  is necessary for a
permanent connection?

Well, no. That's what I meant to explain. You either need content-length
or chunked encoding. Otherwise, the client cannot know when the transfer
is finished and needs a FIN for that.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a form of chunked encoding that can do
without length, but I haven't really digged into that at all.

Regards,
Simon

But, how create dynamically json/xml file with variable without SSI?

Have a look at this example in our sources:
http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/lwip.git/tree/contrib/examples/httpd/genfiles_example/genfiles_example.c

Ok, thanks