lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] HTTP keep alive SSI

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] HTTP keep alive SSI
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 14:01:28 +0200

Hi Tomek,

are you aware of email threads and that you just hijacked another thread?
Never use the "reply" feature unless actually responding to a mail!

"tomek wilkxt" wrote:
> Hi
> I read this form "httpd_opts.h" file :
> " * A downside of the current SSI implementation is that persistent
> connections
>  * don't work, as the file length is not known in advance (and httpd currently
>  * relies on the Content-Length header for persistent connections).
>  *
>
> Do you have a way to solve this problem? I need a permanent connection for
> xml.json.

You could use a form of HTTP chunked encoding, but I never got round to
implementing that.

Instead, I used custom files to create such JSON files (not using SSI). Your
custom file handler code can then set these files to have a length so that
a persistent connection is not a problem.

Regards,
Simon