lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LwIP RAW - Simultaneous (full-duplex) communication

From: Nenad Pekez
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LwIP RAW - Simultaneous (full-duplex) communication
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 10:30:38 +0200

Hi Simon,

But it seems irrelevant?
Yes, it's irrelevant.

Have you checked the stats if you run out of memory somewhere?
I have checked them, and there is certainly something wrong. After some time, stats for memory seem to overflow, at least that's my impression.

At one point I have this:
MEM HEAP
    avail: 60000
    used: 13C40
    max: 14340
    err: 0

And next print (after 1 second):
 MEM HEAP
    avail: 60000
    used: FFFC6480
    max: FFFC6A80
    err: 5

Sometimes, there is no error at all, just "used" and "max" seem to overflow or something.

Also, I noticed that no matter which connection is made first, side Zynq->PC is the dominant one. I even tried not to call tcp_output() at all, but behavior is the same.

When only PC->Zynq side is active, memory stats don't change at all ( used: 240, max: 440), even though high throughput is achieved (>900Mb/s). Only when Zynq->PC side is active memory consumption increases considerably.

Actually, I'm too lazy to check out myself what the images contain.
But not too lazy to write out that many sentences. :) A picture is worth a thousand words. I understand your point though :)

Best regards and thanks for helping me out,
Nenad