lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Lwip on external ram

From: vatmi
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Lwip on external ram
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 02:01:29 -0700 (MST)

Hello Noam,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. For me, the scenario was a bit
different. All the sample applications and even one external applications
are working lie a charm with LwiP 1.4.1, so I considered testing also the
open62541 stack with the same version.

Speaking specifically on open 62541 requirement, the standard protocol
describes the SEND_BUFFER and RECV_BUFFER  as 64K with TCP. Accordingly I
made the following memory settings in Lwipopt file

#define MEM_SIZE                (50*1024)
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB        20
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB_LISTEN 15
#define PBUF_POOL_SIZE          20
#define PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE       500
#define TCP_MSS                 (1500 - 40)

#define TCP_SND_BUF             (7*TCP_MSS)

#define TCP_SND_QUEUELEN        (6* TCP_SND_BUF/TCP_MSS)

#define TCP_WND                 (4*TCP_MSS)

#define LWIP_SO_RCVBUF                          1

#define RECV_BUFSIZE_DEFAULT            (7*TCP_MSS)

#define TCPIP_THREAD_STACKSIZE          2500
#define TCPIP_MBOX_SIZE                 5
#define DEFAULT_TCP_RECVMBOX_SIZE       2000

All other applications are working fine with this settings. With respect to
open62541, it set up a lot of memory while establishes connection with a
Server. This was the reason why I was concerned with memory. Could you
please check if I am making any mistake with Lwipopt file?

And thanks for suggestions for upgrading to Lwip 2.0.2. I hope I might have
to redefine the ethernet also interfaces for this. Does it require too much
effort?

BR
Milan