lwip-users

[lwip-users] No delay between DHCP discoveries

From: HA
Subject: [lwip-users] No delay between DHCP discoveries
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 08:56:50 -0700 (PDT)

I have inherited a project that uses lwip 1.3.0 running on a Stellaris CPU.
Compiler is Codesourcery light so no real debugger except for GDB in
textmode. Most things work OK but if I dont't have a DHCP server the board
sends out 23 DHCP discovery per second. If we have hundreds or thousand
devices on the network the situation after a power failure is catastrophic
because no one can commuinacte with the DHCP server.

I have compared the dhcp.c with the original, no difference. Most things in
the config looks normal. DHCP works, static IP works and the webserver runs.

The code clearly shows that there should an exponential back off of DHCP
discoveries but it does not work.