lwip-users

[lwip-users] LwIP 1.3.2 GPRS parameter TCP_MSS

From: Alex
Subject: [lwip-users] LwIP 1.3.2 GPRS parameter TCP_MSS
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 00:04:01 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

I use lwIP with GPRS modem, recenetely I found that modem using some SIM
cards don't want to transmit big packets properly. And found that decreasing
of TCP_MSS effects on it. Previously it was 1100 bytes. Now I set it in
default value.
By default this value is 536. I was thinking that this parameter negotiated
when connection is setuped. What value should I set for GPRS?  And why on
some SIM cards modem can transmit up to 1400 bytes or so in single packet?

Thank You for attention!