lwip-users

[lwip-users] Problems Connecting to a GSM Router

From: Walter Sägessser
Subject: [lwip-users] Problems Connecting to a GSM Router
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 13:38:53 +0100

We have developed a gateway that sends data gathered from some devices to a server. Via LAN -> WAN this works fine and reliably for months without failure. Now a customer has connected a GSM rounter instead. In principle this works, too. But after a not predictable time (minutes, hours, ... ) the GSM-router locks. When trying to establish a TCP-connection via "netconn_connect" I get -10 (connection aborted).
I don't see how I could change the behavior for the connect command – either it works or it does not. Actually I think the problem is with the GSM-router, but may be, just may be anyone knows a trick or a special consideration to get rid of this connection problem.

The connection gets closed after each transmission and the repetition rate is about 5 minutes. Thus the amount of data cannot be the problem.

Thanks for any hint!
Walter

Walter Sägesser
Dipl.-Ing. (FH)
Software Development
asp ag advanced solar products
Burgerfeldstrasse 19, CH-8730 Uznach SG, Switzerland
TEL:       +41 (0)55 61 66 107
FAX:       +41 (0)55 61 66 111
address@hidden
www.asp-ag.com