lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re connect HTTP

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re connect HTTP
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 13:51:39 +0200

> Maybe I'm confused but I think this is both a forum and a mailing list
> linked
> together.

No, savannah has its own archives of its mailing lists:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/

I don't think that nabble is related to savannah (given the .com TLD). I don't
know nabble, but to me it seems that it's only a company archiving random
mailing lists?

> If you open
> http://old.nabble.com/forum/Reply.jtp?post=34321624
> you will see this thread and messages. I don't think that you even have to
> log in unless you want to post something.

I only get a message to log in there, which I can't.

Anyway, that doesn't seem to be the point. Your point (which you haven't
clearly stated, yet) seems to be that you don't want your email address to be
listed in the archives. While that could be prevented by me not adding the
address when quoting, you can't ensure other archiving sites don't show your
address - because it *is known* by the mailing list and posts sent by you on
this list hold your address as the sender.

E.g. you can search the savannah archive and get your adress:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=hansattersjo&submit=Search%21&idxname=lwip-users&max=20&result=normal&sort=score

Given that, I don't think you gain anything by me not quoting your address.

Other than that, is there some kind of mailing-list-netiquette I am missing
here? Reading the linux kernel mailing list, I often see addresses being
quoted, so I'm not aware of doing anything harmful here...

Simon