lwip-users

[lwip-users] No ARP reply by using two NICs

From: Stefan Lankes
Subject: [lwip-users] No ARP reply by using two NICs
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 15:01:59 +0200

Hi LwIP users,

I have an ARP problem and I am not sure, if this a problem of LwIP.

In our academic operating system, we use LwIP 1.4.0 as TCP/IP stack. My test
system posses two network devices and  each device belongs to its own subnet. I
enabled IP forwarding to transfer IP packets between the subnets and it seems
to work.

However, if a member of subnet A broadcasts an ARP request to determine the
physical address of a member of subnet B, our system does not forward these
broadcasts to subnet B. LwIP drops the requests with the message “ARP request
was not for us.”

Is this behavior correct?

Cheers,

Stefan