lwip-users

[lwip-users] LWIP Client code help

From: shettys
Subject: [lwip-users] LWIP Client code help
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 14:19:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hello I have been stuck with some LWIP client code i was working on , using
RAW api. Was hoping someone could help me since i dont seem to be
understanding the reason.

I connect as a client to the server using the code mentioned below. Which it
does. And sends a message the first time.

I want to keep this connection and send messages without having to
disconnect. Could someone please tell me why i have to close the connection
and open it again every time to send a message?

err_t connect(void)
{
 u8_t *state;
 err_t err;
 struct tcp_pcb *pcb;
 struct ip_addr ipaddr;
 IP4_ADDR(&ipaddr, 192,168,5,2);
if ((state = mem_malloc(1)) == NULL)
  return ERR_MEM;
 *state = 1;

if ((pcb = tcp_new()) == NULL)
 {
  mem_free(state);
  return ERR_MEM;
 }
 tcp_arg(pcb, state);
 tcp_err(pcb, hello_err);
 tcp_recv(pcb, hello_recv);
 tcp_sent(pcb, NULL);
  tcp_poll(pcb, hello_poll_close, 10);

err = tcp_connect(pcb, &ipaddr, 7, connected);
 if (err != ERR_OK)
 {
  mem_free(state);
  tcp_abort(pcb);
 }
 return err;
}

err_t connected(void *arg, struct tcp_pcb *pcb, err_t err)
{
 tcp_write(pcb, "my message", 12, 0);
 return ERR_OK;
}