lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Increase Speed

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Increase Speed
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 17:02:45 +0100

On 7 Apr 2010, at 07:15, Oscar F wrote:

> Hello everybody, i´m using lwip in AVR32 in EVK1100.
>
> I´m sending a big packet ( 15 Mbytes) ,

Your packets will be much smaller than that: your write of 15 Mbytes gets split
up into lots of smaller packets that the network can handle efficiently (as you
saw in wireshark).

> and the time to finish the process is very high!!. In the sniffer (wireshark)
> i saw that the packet is divided in two size 1400 and 690 i don´t remenber
> exactly, but this order the size.
>
> How can i increse the speed of transmission?

Work out what is limiting the speed at the moment and improve that until it is
no longer the bottleneck.

> should i change the file of configure lwipopt.h?  what value are typical to
> send very fast?

lwipopts.h is where you can configure parameters to control lwIP, so this is
the right place to be making changes.  The appropriate settings though will
depend on your system, and I'm not familiar with your hardware.

Could you get part of a packet capture showing your transfer?  It would be
useful to know what performance you're currently getting, and what you expect
to get.  Is your traffic going to something on the same network or off across
the Internet?  How much memory does your system have available, and what are
your current lwipopts.h settings?

Thanks

Kieran