lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Lwip SNMP support: adding LWIP_IPSTACK_MIB2 Compile-Ti

From: Mike Kleshov
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Lwip SNMP support: adding LWIP_IPSTACK_MIB2 Compile-Time configuration
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 18:33:18 +0300

I'd like to share my experience with SNMP too.
I had to add SNMP support to my application. I looked at lwip's SNMP agent and decided that it was too big and complicated for me (I didn't need all the features.) So I decided to create my own SNMP agent. The result is a small (650 lines) and simple SNMPv1 agent with no write support. I didn't need MIB parsing either, so OIDs were hard-coded in binary representation. I didn't need any of the MIB-2 data either. So I guess it is possible to have an SNMP agent and not have MIB-2 info collection.

- mike