lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Lwip SNMP support: adding LWIP_IPSTACK_MIB2 Compile-Tim

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Lwip SNMP support: adding LWIP_IPSTACK_MIB2 Compile-Time configuration
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:11:51 +0100

Yigal Hochberg wrote:
mib-2 includes the system-group as well. any agent will want it.
(btw: rfc1213 is gone).

the scope of discussion are mib-2 objects related to the ipstack.
therefore i suggested the flag LWIP_IPSTACK_MIB2
this scopes the following mibs: if-mib, ip-mib, udp-mib, tcp-mib and forward-mib

i can add this flag across the code.
Did you read my previous mail? Thanks :-)

If not, the contents was this:

 Thinking about it, the change is rather trivial: the guards in snmp.h
 and netif.h would have to be changed from LWIP_SNMP to LWIP_MIB2 and the
 usages of LWIP_SNMP/snmp_get_sysuptime() in netif.c would have to be
 fixed and that should be it.

I don't think we need to add a new flag anywhere but in snmp.h. And I would suggest a
name not including "IPSTACK". LWIP_MIB2 should be enough.

Simon