lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Assert "tcp_slowtmr" in tcp.c reached

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Assert "tcp_slowtmr" in tcp.c reached
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 13:00:12 +0100

Sorry for not including the original mail, gmx webmail somehow does not include
your original mail. Maybe you can send a text-only mail next time (i.e. no
html)?

Marco Jakobs wrote:
> The problem is not always in the tcp.c, after some more testing i've seen >
> that i also get i.e. this assert:
>
> /src/core/tcp_in.c, line 208:

tcp.c, tcp_in.c and tcp_out.c are essentially the same module splitted in 3
files for a better overview, so you are seeing the same problem here.

It's interesting that this happens with PPP. After all, it might be that
1.3.2's PPP has a bug there (in calling into lwIP from the wrong thread, I
mean).

The warning "lwIP task returned" is not a fatal one: PPP from 1.3.2 created a
task for every call to pppOpen, which ended when the PPP connection was closed.
The warning simply means that a task ended and can safely be ignored. After
all, I think you might safely delete that warning from your port's sys_arch.c.

You *might* want to try PPP from lates CVS HEAD, but that also involves some
changes to your system setup and how PPP is integrated. After all, until
recently, the PPP code has been very much unmaintained for some years. I just
started to work on it after 1.3.2 was released, but it should be more stable
already.

Simon