lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LwIP for win32 port

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LwIP for win32 port
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:13:27 +0100

[ Please do not spam individuals. They are less likely to reply to you if
you annoy them. Indeed I wasn't one of them and I'm replying so it didn't
help. Only send to the mailing list - all the people who want to reply will
read it there. That being said, Adam, please see below.... ]

ramesh kumar wrote:
> Hi
>
>     I have an idea to implement Lwip 1.1.0 version in windows(msvc6)

Why lwIP 1.1? Why not the latest stable release - lwIP 1.3.0? It has many
bugs fixed.

> and i searched the links that provide the driver parts and port
> (contrib) with examples and libraries for win32 and i got these links
> from the site http://www.sics.se/~adam/lwip/index.html,while
> i  select  to download its showing error link and inform the author.
> kindly guide or send the zip file of the win32 port to implement Lwip
> in windows.

The win32 port is included in the lwIP source tree now. Get both lwIP
1.3.0, and the contrib-1.3.0 package. Here's the download page:
http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/lwip/

Admittedly I haven't used the win32 port, but others have so I imagine it
works. It's at contrib/ports/win32

> http://www.edaboard.com/ftopic213495.html

We can't amend old posts in forums on the net.

> http://www.sics.se/~adam/lwip/download.html

The links on the download page are indeed old. Florian Schulze's win32
port, and Jani Monoses' eCos port should both be removed since they are
both integrated into the master sources (in the case of the latter, the
eCos master sources). Adam, can you do that?

Jifl
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine