lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwIP 1.3.0 PPP, DNS, multithreaded OS issues

From: Dustin Stahlback
Subject: [lwip-users] lwIP 1.3.0 PPP, DNS, multithreaded OS issues
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:25:19 -0500

I use lwIP with a multithreaded OS.  The threading is as follows:

PPP thread
TCPIP thread with DNS enabled
APPLICATION thread

When I enable the DNS functionality, the PPP client will never make a
connection (callback is never called within the PPP thread).
However, when DNS is disabled, the PPP client runs and operates
correctly.  Is there any fundamental reason why this would fail such as
incorrect thread handling.  The only call I see the PPP client make is
tcpip_callback().

Thanks for any help.

Dustin