lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problem with sending big buffers tolwip_writeandsemapho

From: Hans . Forsstrom
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem with sending big buffers tolwip_writeandsemaphoresduring big downloads.
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 08:29:08 +0200

Hello,
I'm not able to see anything more on wireshark running on my laptop, and I'm not able to run any tools on our target platform.

Yes, it looks like a deadlock problem. I haven't figured out why I only get it for data sizes over one TCP frame size though.

For the moment I will have to leave this, but I will try to do some more debugging later on. I'll try to use our "consol" for the LWIP_DEBUG printouts, but it has some limitations.

/Hans

Kieran Mansley <address@hidden>
Sent by: address@hidden

2007-04-11 16:26

Please respond to
Mailing list for lwIP users <address@hidden>

cc
Subject
Re: [lwip-users] Problem with sending big buffers         tolwip_writeandsemaphoresduring big downloads.

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 15:42 +0200, address@hidden wrote:

> Sorry, I took the wrong file. This should work.

That does indeed look odd.  There are no further packets sent/received
on the connection after this point?

It looks like you've got some deadlocking issue perhaps, where the
second lwip_send call is sitting blocked trying to get a lock of some
kind (although lwip infamously has very few locks!) which isn't being
released by another thread.

I'm afraid that you'll have to do some debugging.  If you can find out
where the blocked lwip_send call is waiting, that would probably help,
and try running the LWIP_DEBUG stuff on to get some more information
about what's going on.

Kieran

******************************
Neither the footer nor anything else in this E-mail is intended to or constitutes an
electronic signature and/or legally binding agreement in the absence of an express
statement or Autoliv policy and/or procedure to the contrary.

This E-mail and any attachments hereto are Autoliv property and may contain legally
privileged, confidential and/or proprietary information. The recipient of this E-mail is
prohibited from distributing, copying, forwarding or in any way disseminating any
material contained within this E-mail without prior written permission from the author.
If you receive this E-mail in error, please immediately notify the author and delete this
E-mail. Autoliv disclaims all responsibility and liability for the consequences of any
person who fails to abide by the terms herein.