lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problem with sending big bufferstolwip_writeandsemaphor

From: Hans . Forsstrom
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem with sending big bufferstolwip_writeandsemaphoresduring big downloads.
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:11:34 +0200

Thanks, I was hoping for an answere like that. I will twist my brain around it later and dig into our send queue and see what I can find.

/Hans

Kieran Mansley <address@hidden>
Sent by: address@hidden

2007-04-12 09:56

Please respond to
Mailing list for lwIP users <address@hidden>

cc
Subject
Re: [lwip-users] Problem with sending big         bufferstolwip_writeandsemaphoresduring big downloads.

On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 08:29 +0200, address@hidden wrote:

> Yes, it looks like a deadlock problem. I haven't figured out why I
> only get it for data sizes over one TCP frame size though.

If you send less than a frame size, chances are that the frame will go
out straight away.  If you send more than a frame size (particularly at
the start of the connection when the congestion window is small) the
second portion might be queued waiting for an acknowledgement.  If the
deadlock was a conflict between sending this second portion of the first
send, and the first portion of the second send, this would explain why
you get the difference in behaviour. i.e. I'd look at the send queue as
the first suspect.

Kieran

******************************
Neither the footer nor anything else in this E-mail is intended to or constitutes an
electronic signature and/or legally binding agreement in the absence of an express
statement or Autoliv policy and/or procedure to the contrary.

This E-mail and any attachments hereto are Autoliv property and may contain legally
privileged, confidential and/or proprietary information. The recipient of this E-mail is
prohibited from distributing, copying, forwarding or in any way disseminating any
material contained within this E-mail without prior written permission from the author.
If you receive this E-mail in error, please immediately notify the author and delete this
E-mail. Autoliv disclaims all responsibility and liability for the consequences of any
person who fails to abide by the terms herein.