lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] DHCP

From: Bill Lawson
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] DHCP
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:11:24 -0400

Hi Leon,

I managed to get a better handle on the flow of things looking though the
debug output.  I eventually realized that there was an operating system
call I needed to make ( netif_add() ), before I called dhcp_start in order
to get it to send out a packet.

After a little bit more tweaking I got to a point where I would make a
dhcp request, but I always got a dhcp NAK from the server.  I think it was
because of the IP/Subnet/GW info I passed to netif_add().  I tried
changing thins so I passed in IP/Subnet/GW = 0.0.0.0, and now I'm sending
dhcp discover, and getting an offer, but then I get the following error:

SYS_ARCH:current_thread: Could not find current thread!

Then program execution stops.  I cannot remember what the exact file is
that contains this error.  It is part of the v2pro port included by
Xilinx.  If I remember correctly it is the ultimate result of a call to
dhcp_timeout(), but I need to double check that.

I realize that this is a problem specific to the port I'm using, but if
you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.  Thank you for all of your
assistance thus far.

--Bill