lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] FTP-DATA exchange: advice needed

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] FTP-DATA exchange: advice needed
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:00:07 +0000

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 08:37 -0800, Tom C. Barker wrote:
> Attached is a text file of the FTP-DATA
> conversation with no payload information.
> (I could not find how to get a libcap dump
> without the payload.)

Ahh, that's not quite what I meant sorry.  If you're using tcpdump use
"-w" to save the packet dump for later analysis: it actually saves the
packets rather than just printing out a summary.  This is much more
useful as it can be loaded by tools like ethereal.

To alter the length of the captured packet data, use "-s".  However, the
man page (on linux) suggests that the default for this is 68 bytes,
which should be fine.

Hope that helps,

Kieran