lwip-users

[lwip-users] FTP-DATA exchange: advice needed

From: Tom C. Barker
Subject: [lwip-users] FTP-DATA exchange: advice needed
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:37:57 -0800

Attached is a text file of the FTP-DATA
conversation with no payload information.
(I could not find how to get a libcap dump
without the payload.)

Thanks Kieran and anyone else who could take a look.

lwIP is at 216.101.63.81 and is accepting a file
under the PUT ftp command.

Could someone give me their advice on the attached ftp-data network dump.

(1) I start out with a window of 8096 which decreases by 20 bytes on each
ACK until lwIP decides to ACK about 7300 bytes. I understand that this proper;
please correct me if I am wrong.
(2) At this point the snd_win drops to 2186: ( good since 2186 - (8096 - 7300 )
= 1400 )
(3) It continues to drop to just under my mss at which point it stays at 1450.
(4)The transfer is fine up to this point, but then the client begins to send
data
at only 5 second intervals despite immediate lwIP ACKS.

Any suggestions on how I might be getting the client to avoid dropping
into this 5 second delay?

Any commentary on this whole transaction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tom