lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Help regarding packet arrival times.

From: N V Krishna
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Help regarding packet arrival times.
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 02:28:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, K.J. Mansley wrote:

#On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 09:58, N V Krishna wrote:
#> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, K.J. Mansley wrote:
#>
#> #On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 09:44, N V Krishna wrote:
#> #> Exactly. That's what I am doing -- I am trying to add code to measure the
#> #> time. I am not too well versed with the code. [ I am getting to know it
#> #> better, every day. ] I wanted some pointers to help me find a place in the
#> #> code to place the probes. Yes, I am aware of the effect the "probe" will
#> #> have on the timing. I am ready to test that.
#> #
#> #OK.  Do you need to know when a packet is received by the TCP/IP stack,
#> #or by the simhost application itself?  Are you using tun/tap to connect
#> #the stack to the network?
#>
#> Yes, I want to know when the simhost gets the packet.
#
#That should be fairly straightforward then.  Look through the source of
#the apps that use simhost (eg. tcpecho.c, shell.c) for calls to the
#"netconn_recv()" function.  This is where the simhost application will
#receive data.  In the case of the httpd.c application, look for the
#"http_recv()" function: this is called whenever there is new data.
#
#Hope that helps,

I was looking at this function. I see that, it reads from the mbox
conn->recvmbox. The question is can I know, when the packet was placed
in this mbox? Or it is written by the device driver of tap?

Thanks.

Warm regards,
Krishna.