lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Odd byte packets in LWIP

From: Robert
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Odd byte packets in LWIP
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:48:50 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Nishen Naidu wrote:
> I'm having a problem sending out packets of odd length on certain occasions.
> Does lwip work well with odd length packets?
> I read the following comment in some lwip sample code:

I posted some time ago about a problem with packets that had pbufs with an
odd number of bytes in them.  It did not matter if the entire packet was
odd or even, but if one of the pbufs in the middle had an odd number of
bytes the transmission would fail.  The bug is in CS89000.c and still
exists as far as I know.  I corrected the bug in my version of CS89000.c
but since my processor interfaces at the 8 bit level, my solution is not
useful to most folks.

--
Best Regards,
Robert