lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Recent change in pbuf.c

From: leon . woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Recent change in pbuf.c
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:24:30 -0000

Hello David,

could you please indicate what part of the link header is prepended by your
Ethernet chip automatically?

Jani's patch looks OK to me.

Leon Woestenberg.

There was a recent change in pbuf.c by jani which says: "fix pbuf_alloc for
layer PBUF_LINK". This change has caused some problems for me and I want to
explore why.

In my ethernet driver I am using PBUF_LINK when allocating pbufs for the
receive buffers. This recent change will reserve bytes in the front of the
pbuf, presumably for a link-level header. However, the ethernet chip will
be putting a link-level header in the packet already. So I would claim that
the offset for PBUF-LINK should be 0 (which it was before it was changed).
Now, I could change my allocation to PBUF_RAW, but I would claim that would
wrong.