lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] Tun/Tap interfaces

From: ERIC MAHLAKO
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] Tun/Tap interfaces
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:24:29 -0000

I have separated my network into two subnets. i.e

Host1 <====> Router <====> Host2
subnet1            subnet2
IP addresses
Host1(146.232.144.41)
Router(146.232.144.96) and (146.232.144.107)
Host2(146.232.147.37)
All the computers runs Linux 2.4.18.
Host2 and Router are both running Linux TCP/IP stack.
Host1 contains lwIP stack. I want the application to
receive and transmit packets using the TUN/TAP
devices.
But the problem is I tried to configure the devices,
but still Host2 can not ping Host1.Kernel in Host1 has
been configured to support the devices. I have
configured the devices using the following procedure:
 mknod /dev/net/tun c 10 200
 alias char-major-10-200 tun in /etc/modules.conf
 run: depmod -a

 ./MAKEDEV tap in /dev/
So I don't know if ever I have omitted something. Can
anyone tells me how to solve this problem. Lastly I
want to know if the IP addresses in simhost.c should
be changed to correspond with my IP addresses of the
network I'm using.

Eric