lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Gateway usage

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Gateway usage
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:59:07 -0000

Hi Florian!

On Saturday 12 January 2002 10.11, you wrote:
> I have a problem:
> I have seperated my network in two subnets. One for 10BaseTX (100mbit TP)
> with 192.168.2.x as the network. The other for 10Base2 (10mbit BNC) with
> 192.168.1.x. I have one computer as a router with two network cards. In the
> 100mbit net is my main computer. In the BNC network is a windows computer
> and the computer with lwIP. I have set up the router as the gateway in all
> computers.
> I can access the windows computer from my main computer and the other way
> around. I can access the lwIP computer only from within the 192.168.1.x
> network, but not from my main computer. I guess it's a problem with lwIP,
> because the packets arrive at the lwIP computer, but they don't get back to
> my main computer. Is there some option I have to set when compiling lwIP,
> or do I have to configure something in my router, or do I have to change
> something inside lwIP to make this work?

The situation you are describing *should* work, so it might be a bug in lwIP
that is causing the problems. If possible, could you post the first few
packets out of a packet dump where the main computer tries to ping lwIP?
Especially the ARP traffic is interesting.

Thanks,

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>