lwip-users

[lwip-users] RE: [lwip] architecture question

From: Peter Graf
Subject: [lwip-users] RE: [lwip] architecture question
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:08:51 -0000

Hi Andy,

>I am running lwIP on a PowerPC 850 platform, 32 bit, big endian.
>We communicate over ethernet using the built in serial comms capabilities of
>the processor.

Are you using the "sioslipif" SLIP driver, like me?
Or does your interface rather look like ethernet to lwIP?

>I am using the 'raw' API as we do not have a multi tasking OS.

I used the multitasking API. Maybe additional problems there, but even ICMP
(no API used) doesn't work any longer.

>I wonder if your problem could be the same as one I had last week:
>Moving from 0.4.1 to 0.5.0 I didn't get any ACKs from lwip when sending
>small TCP segments. I guess that ICMP packets may have the same problem.

Sounds possible.

>Here's Adam's off-list response to me which may help:
>[snip]

Thanks. It was about the TCP timers not being called, because you (unlike
me) don't include the multitasking API. Had Adam's suggestion cured your
problem?

All the best

Peter