lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #10260] Set SO_LINGER and close socket will trigger

From: yuanjianmin
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #10260] Set SO_LINGER and close socket will trigger LWIP_ASSERT
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 06:10:11 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Tue 28 Jun 2022 10:10:09 AM UTC By: yuanjianmin <yuanjm>
When i create a TCP server socket and set SO_LINGER. Then i call listen
function to hear connection from peer. After that i call close to close this
socket and then LWIP_ASSERT appear.

I search the code and found it in
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lwip.git/tree/src/core/tcp.c#n576. That means
lwip not allowed that tcp_abort called when tcp in LISTEN state.

Of course, i agree with the LWIP_ASSERT, but i think we can modify the LWIP
code to avoid to call tcp_abort. We can call tcp_close when SO_LINGER set and
TCP state is in LISTEN.

The attachment is my patch to avoid this assert. Glad to hear your voice.

File Attachments:

Date: Tue 28 Jun 2022 10:10:09 AM UTC  Name:
0001-Fix-close-listen-TCP-which-set-SO_LINGER-will-trigge.patch  Size: 1023B
By: yuanjm

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=53380>

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?10260>

Message sent via Savannah