lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #14247] socket API: implement recvmsg msg_control sup

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #14247] socket API: implement recvmsg msg_control support
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 15:40:20 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for the suggestion, I had also thought of doing a socket/netconn level
flag, let me make sure I understand all the suggestions

> leave LWIP_NETBUF_RECVINFO as it was

I would still need to utilize the logic in recv_udp to store the address and
the toaddr storage in netbuf.  Are you suggesting that I enable the toaddr
storage all the time?  If I have access to toaddr and flags, I wouldn't need
to do anything with LWIP_NETBUF_RECVINFO

> enable NETCONN_FLAG_PKTINFO for netconns (add a function/define for that!)

Add API to enable/disable PKTINFO.  If enabled at the netconn layer, toaddr
and port are filled out in the netbuf

> disable NETCONN_FLAG_PKTINFO for sockets

By this you just mean it's off by default for sockets?  I would also think it
would be off by default for netconns

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?14247>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/