lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] suggestion for DHCP+NTP

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] suggestion for DHCP+NTP
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 20:37:43 +0200

Aled Morris wrote:
I'm new to this mailing list so please be kind :-)

Right :-)
To me, what you write would be changes to get SNTP working with the DHCP-supplied server name without any additional work. And you state that this would be what everyone would want.

a) To me it's no sooo clear everyone wants it that way.
b) Letting the DHCP supplied server overwrite existing servers might be a security issue or at least produce unexpected behaviour. c) I don't want to unnecessarily break defaults (lwipopts.h) of existing applications.

Again I believe this gives the ideal "zero config" behaviour

For you :-)

Cheers,
Simon