[Ltib] Host packages don't rebuild if the spec file is updated

From: Peter Barada
Subject: [Ltib] Host packages don't rebuild if the spec file is updated
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 13:30:23 -0400

Stuart,

If I add a patch to libtool (that fixes an issue using file-5.14 on
Ubuntu-14.04 to identified shared objects; patch attached) and then rm
.host_wait_warning* and rerun ltib, the host version of libtool does
_not_ get rebuilt while installing host support packages.

This is due to the ./ltib script code:

    my $spec_upd = @rpms && ( (stat($spec))[9] > (stat($rpms[0]))[9] )
&& ! $cf->{hostinst};

that prevents:

    $r   .= "spec file newer than rpm, " if $spec_upd;

from being executed whcich would trigger the rebuild.

Any idea why in CVS version 1.26 you conditionalised $spec_upd on not
forcing a build for the host?

In my world I use LTIB as part of continuous integration project on
multiple build servers (since I have nearly a dozen different build
configurations) and the build servers out of sync  compared to my
workstation (since I ran "./ltib --hostcf -p libtool" to rebuild on my
workstation).  On the build servers I have to forcibly remove the
libtool host .rpm to get them back in sync on the next build.

Thanks in advance!

--
Peter Barada
address@hidden