[Ltib] Re: Changing ltib base dir

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: [Ltib] Re: Changing ltib base dir
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 16:39:01 +0000

Hi Kumar,

I would be worried about making it / as this would make the host support
packages (that go into /opt/freescale/ltib) overwrite the host you are
installed on.  Also the LPP would end up as /pkgs, which again probably
is not idea.

Essentially there are 2 things to take care of if you want to
relocate /opt/freescale

1/ /opt/freescale/pkgs.  This can be changed by changing the value
in .ltibrc.  This directory is purely a place to cache downloads.  This
area is common to all ltib installations.  It operates completely
independently of /opt/freescale/ltib.

2/ /opt/freescale/ltib.  To change this you need to change the value of
$bdir (~line 45 in ltib).

Is this something you'd like to change for everyone or just something
for your own project?  Personally as far as the public cvs goes I'd like
to keep it as /opt/freescale as this way it would keep it consistent
with BSPs that have been produced in iso format.  Moving it would mean
when they switch to external cvs they'd end up re-installing and
downloading a lot of stuff they already have.

One other thing to watch out for, it's possible that the odd spec file
(or something else) has /opt/freescale hard wired into it (it
shouldn't).  So it's possible you may run into that.

Regards, Stuart