lout-users

UTF-8 font workaround

From: Anton Kizilov
Subject: UTF-8 font workaround
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 20:24:49 +0000 (UTC)

Greetings to everyone.

I know it must be a little annoying to answer this question, but still. Could someone please tell me (and possibly to anyone else who deals with the same problem) how to output a printable file with the language other than English?
I found some information on http://eradman.com/posts/hebrew-lout.html, but in spite of all I'm still a bit puzzled. Especially by the part where the different programs uses different font description files. Lout comes with its own fonts, ghostscript uses its own fonts and then we have to consider the search for the new created metrics. It's all a little vague.
So this is my situation. I know that I must use ISO-8859-x encoding for the input file. I know that I have to make/copy/transform glyph for the printable output creation. I think it would be sufficient just to remake available Type-1 Extended glyphs according to input encoding standard. And than I have to make visible those new glyphs to the Lout. And here comes the big question - How? Not just by prefixing with -F new font directory, isn't it?

Big thanks in advance,
With respect,
Anton Kizilov