lout-users

Re: UTF-8 font workaround

From: Valery Ushakov
Subject: Re: UTF-8 font workaround
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 17:46:32 +0300

On Sun, Feb 07, 2016 at 20:24:49 +0000, Anton Kizilov wrote:

> I know it must be a little annoying to answer this question, but
> still.  Could someone please tell me (and possibly to anyone else
> who deals with the same problem) how to output a printable file with
> the language other than English?

There's an old mail of mine that explains how to add new fonts.  The
part about "fontdef" is out of date, Lout now uses @FontDef database
instead, but that's mostly a trivial surface change.

  http://www.stderr.spb.ru/~uwe/lout/essays/1365.fonts.txt

For lout you only need the AFM files for the fonts you want to use.
KOI8 maps are part of lout distribution.

-uwe