lout-users

Re: Version 3.40 of Lout now available

From: Joerg Jung
Subject: Re: Version 3.40 of Lout now available
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 12:09:13 +0200

Hi,

Am 26.06.2013 um 02:31 schrieb Jeff Kingston <address@hidden>:

> Version 3.40 of the Lout document formatting system is now available

Thanks!

>   Still no move to a version control system.  It just isn't worth my
>     time.  If anyone wants to take it on, you have my blessing, but
>     be warned that the copyright of hyphenation files is a swamp.

I do not understand the problem here.
I can see Lout is already in subversion on
http://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/trunk/?root=lout

Just update/commit the files there and do further source changes
through svn commit there as well? SVN is easy to use, isn't it?

>   Forematter (@Preface etc.) in books.  I have a suggestion from
>     Joerg Jung about moving the @Abbreviations section into the
>     forematter, and another from Mark Summerfield for a generic
>     scheme (@ForeMatterA ... @ForeMatterE with user-selectable
>     titles).  Rather than do that I would prefer one @ForeMatter
>     symbol but allow a sequence of invocations of it, like we
>     have now for @Chapter and @Appendix.

I like the suggestion of Mark Summerfield.
I think removing @Abbreviations and use generic @ForeMatter
instead, may be good solution to the whole "everyone likes to
have different preface/frontmatter" problem.

Thanks,
Regards,
Joerg